If you are using one of our moving containers there are some special loading techniques you should use to ensure you can fit all your items at once and maintain a safe weight distribution. First, gather all the supplies you will need:
- Loading straps to secure items inside the container
- Paper pads
- Furniture pads
- Stretch wrap to protect your belongings
- Dollies to move heavy items and appliances
Next, follow these expert tips to quickly and efficiently pack your moving container:
- When loading a moving container, start with heavy items like large appliances and furniture. Those items should always sit directly on the floor.
- Protect your items with paper pads or furniture pads. Wrapping them up can reduce the chance of scratches or other forms of damage.
- Wrap your upholstered furniture with plastic wrap to protect from dirt and damage.
- Place wrapped furniture on top of a paper pad.
- Fill open spaces in the container with boxes or other small items to provide stability.
- Always pack items from floor to ceiling with the lightest items on top and pack everything tightly to avoid shifting during transit.
- If you are storing the moving container for an extended period, use a large cardboard sheet or a blanket to cover boxes at the top. This will reduce exposure to light, which may damage some items over time.
- Use loading straps to secure all of your items in the container. Remember, don’t apply excess force when you are securing the loading straps as that might cause damage to your items.
- Make sure to distribute weight evenly from end to end and side to side.