Our team is standing by to assist you with a free move quote, help you through the process, or answer questions that you may have.
Request A Quote »
Chipman Relocation and Logistics is an established leader in the moving and storage industry. Our team is committed to delivering quality and an excellent customer experience through our nationwide and global resources. As a family-owned and operated organization since 1939, our financial strength committed capacity, and established global partnerships consistently deliver excellence in relocation and logistics. Our clients and customers uniquely benefit from our teams’ commitment to being One Chipman to everyone we serve.
Chipman is looking for a well-qualified Customer Service Representative to join our team in our Portland, OR office
Some of the duties will include:
- Prepare files and documentation as needed (quotes, booking sheets, contact letters, transportation documents, transmittals, etc.)
- Register orders in the system (Movers Suite)
- Support and communicate with other companies providing work to Chipman.
- Assist in answering phones and taking care of current and potential customers.
- Perform pre-move and post-move calls to customers
- Book estimate appointments for sales staff
- Assist sales staff in customer service correspondence.
- Assist with quotes to customers for shipments
- Assist customers, drivers, general manager and office staff as needed
- Create reports/spreadsheets
- Claims processing/paperwork
- Perform other duties as requested.
Required qualifications are:
- Minimum two years of office administration/customer service experience.
- High School diploma – AA preferred
- Strong computer skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office
A Successful Candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Strong admin skills
- Comfortable with repetitive routines
- Helpful and personable communication with strong follow-through skills
- Ability to produce high-quality, thorough and detailed work.
- Strong problem solving, time management, organizational and analytical skills
- Team player
- We offer great income opportunities with health benefits, 401K, and paid vacation.
Chipman Relocations is a drug-free employer. All offers of employment will be contingent on a successful background and drug screening.
Chipman Relocations is an equal opportunity employer.