Our team is standing by to assist you with a free move quote, help you through the process, or answer questions that you may have.
Request A Quote »
Chipman Relocation and Logistics is an established leader in the moving and storage industry. Our team is committed to delivering customized and remarkable experiences to people and companies through our nationwide and global resources. As a family-owned and operated organization since 1939, our financial strength committed capacity, and established global partnerships consistently deliver excellence in relocation and logistics. Our clients and customers uniquely benefit from our teams' commitment to being OneChipman to everyone we serve.
Chipman is looking for an outstanding Operations Manager to join our team
Chipman is searching for an Operations Manager that is knowledgeable and with operational experience in the household goods and commercial moving and storage industry. This individual is an honest, hardworking, and innovative thought leader that can assist our Sacramento branch to continue its forward growth path.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full dispatching duties:
- Including preplanning jobs (manpower/equipment rentals/temp labor),
- Dispatching contractors
- Maintaining job/dispatch information in Movers Suite
- Reviewing completed jobs for accuracy and completeness
- Ensures that all drivers/crew members are cleared through company pre-employment criteria. (Background checks, drug testing, etc.)
- Ensures that all vehicles and equipment are maintained and in safe and serviceable condition.
- Responsible for maintaining records of vehicles and equipment including:
- DMV documentation,
- Insurance cards,
- Maintenance logs
- Safety inspections
- Accountable for all operational cost controls
Maintains accurate records for warehouse personnel, including timecards and attendance records
- Monitors the local facilities and warehouses
- Responsible for recruiting local contractors and maintaining local labor capacity to meet the needs of our clients.
- Other tasks that may be assigned by your supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Minimum two years of Operations/Warehouse management.
- High School diploma – AA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Forklift certification is preferred but not required
A successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Quick learner; fast-paced; EXTREMELY detailed
- Ability to multi-task; Strong time management skills
- Ability to recognize and adjust to change
- Capable of delegating with close follow-up and control
- Strong communicator
- Industry competitive pay structure
- Full health benefits
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid vacation and PTO
- Family-friendly culture and atmosphere
- Community service-oriented organization
- Opportunity for career growth with a winning team and organization
Chipman Relocations is a drug-free employer. All offers of employment will be contingent on a successful background and drug screening.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@chipmancorp.com