Chipman is looking for a Part-Time File Clerk in our Corporate office in Alameda, CA.
This position reports to the Bookkeeper.
Some of the job duties include:
- Receive signed accounts payable checks after bi-weekly check runs. Match with remittance advice as appropriate, place in envelopes and distribute through courier and mail as distribution list indicates.
- Stuff courier bags each afternoon by 4 pm. Send out mail by UPS overnight as scheduled or requested.
- Post and mail outgoing U.S. mail each evening. Advise AP supervisor when postage is needed and fill machine electronically. Take mail to mailbox or to post office
- File open accounts payable. Match accounting copies of AP checks with open accounts payable records. File check copy with a payable record in closed AP file by vendor
- Arrange for records to be moved to storage as requested. Assist as requested in preparing files for record storage and keeping storeroom organized
- Perform errands as requested
- Other tasks that may be assigned by your supervisor.
A successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Quick Learner, team player and detail-oriented
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoons available
- Professional and polite
Chipman Relocations is a drug-free employer. All offers of employment will be contingent on the successful background and drug screening.