Using the proper packing supplies ensures that your items are protected and are easy to handle during the move.
- Small boxes are ideal for heavy or fragile items that must be packed on their own to ensure ease of handling.
- Medium boxes are the most commonly used. They are ideal for small appliances and other household items. These boxes are often most compatible with dish pack and glass pack inserts used to keep fragile glassware insulated.
- Large boxes are ideal for mixed lightweight and medium weight goods like lampshades, framed art, throw pillows and clothing.
- X-Large boxes are ideal for bulky lightweight soft goods like comforters, blankets, clothing, and pillows.
- Heavy Duty boxes are reinforced with thicker walls for heavier applications. These are ideal for packing and protecting electronics, book collections, and appliances.
- Wardrobe boxes are constructed with a hanger bar so that you can transfer shirts, blouses and suits directly from the closet into the box without folding or wrinkling your clothes. These boxes come in several heights to accommodate for longer items such as dresses and pants.
- Electronics boxes are specially sized to safely transport home entertainment consoles such as DVD players, stereo amplifiers and gaming systems.
- Dish pack kits are compartmentalized to accommodate dinner plates, side plates, saucers and bowls. Many kits include foam padding to enclose and isolate each piece to ensure safe transit.
- Glass pack kits are compartmentalized to accommodate glassware, crystal and stemware. Many kits include foam padding to enclose and isolate each piece to ensure safe transit.
Moving is more efficient with the right tools
- Unprinted news wrap is an ideal and inexpensive way to protect fragile items during a move. Unprinted paper stock provides the added advantage of a clean, ink-free move.
- Bubble wrap can be used to enclose fragile items and to insulate voids along the sides of boxes to ensure your items make it safely to their destination.
- Permanent markers are absolutely necessary to communicate with your moving crew. Mark boxes with inventory, warning and special instructions to make sure every parcel receives appropriate care.
- High quality box tape will ensure that your belongings stay in place during transit. Make sure you have plenty of it on-hand when packing the house.
- Box cutter is a must when it comes time to unpack at your destination.