Our team is standing by to assist you with a free move quote, help you through the process, or answer questions that you may have.
Request A Quote »
Moving into a new home means re-establishing your local support system, set up new accounts and notify government agencies of your new address. Here are 8 things you should consider prior to moving day.
- Call your new utility companies to set up services the day before you expect to move in. The first few days in your new home will be much more comfortable if you have electricity, water, and heating or air conditioning.
- Develop a plan for where you would like to have your furniture placed in the home, even if it is just a simple drawing. This will save you the trouble of moving furniture by yourself after your movers depart.
- Start with a fresh by cleaning your new home before the movers arrive.
- Be prepared to pay your driver for the moving services. Depending on the arrangements you have made, accepted forms of payment include cash, traveler's check, money order, cashier's check, or even pre-payment via credit card.
- If you can, have two people in the new home on move-in day. One person can make sure everything from your inventory list is unloaded, and the other can tell the movers where you would like the items placed.
- Check items off the inventory list as they are unloaded from the truck. If you discover that anything is missing or damaged, contact customer service right away.
- Consider hiring a babysitter if you have small children in the house, and put pets somewhere where they will be safe and out of the way.
- Keep in mind that many moving companies will offer additional services for an additional charge, including unpacking and electronics installation.