Our team is standing by to assist you with a free move quote, help you through the process, or answer questions that you may have.
Request A Quote »
The best advice we can give you for you moving or packing day is to prepare, prepare, prepare! Stock up on packing supplies and everything you might need ahead of time.
- Make a Supply Run - Stock up on packing supplies. Moving boxes, bubble wrap, packing foam, packing tape, plastic totes – everything you can gather ahead of time
- Get a Head Start - Start the packing process early. The earlier you begin packing, the more organized and stress-free you'll be.
- Label Containers - Mark all moving containers with the contents and location they go in your new home. It will make unloading and unpacking much easier.
- Get Rid of Some Stuff - The more items you can donate, give away or sell, the lighter your load will be which can save you packing time, loading time and ultimately – money.
- Make Lists - Make a list of all utilities you'll need to contact to set up end-of-service dates and final bill details; likewise with start-of-service dates at your new home.
- Schedule Cautiously - Try to move during the week when more services are open, in the event you run into any problems and need assistance.
- Don't Forget Your Pet - If you have pets, make plans well ahead of time as to where to keep them during the move – and how you'll transport them to your new home.
- Separate Your Valuables - If you're having Chipman do the packing, make sure to separate valuable and/or irreplaceable items like important paperwork/documents, jewelry and photos. It's better to move these yourself.
- Follow the Doctor's Orders - Plan ahead regarding prescription medications. Make sure you'll have enough with you during your move and transfer prescriptions to your new pharmacy in advance of your move.