Our team is standing by to assist you with a free move quote, help you through the process, or answer questions that you may have.
Request A Quote »
For a seamless move, you'll need to start preparing weeks before the big day. Follow these steps to prepare:
- We recommend you have your large appliances serviced before moving.
- Empty and unplug your refrigerator and freezer at least 24 hours before your movers arrive.
- Consider packing a cooler full of drinks and snacks for moving day.
- Safely dispose of anything that cannot be taken on the moving van, including chemicals like cleaning products or propane tanks.
- If you are planning to do any of your own packing, make sure all of your boxes are ready before the movers arrive.
- Use professional packing materials and clearly label each box with the room of the house where the items inside belong.
- Prepare a box of essential items to load last onto the truck. This will be the first box unloaded at your home and should contain things like toiletries, bottled water, first-aid kit, and anything else you might need first.
- Set aside items that you do not want packed in the moving van. It is a good idea to put these items in a closet labeled "Do Not Pack."
- Make sure you complete your High-Value Inventory Form. This form should include any items that are worth more than $100 per pound.
- Consider hiring a babysitter if you have small children in the house and put pets somewhere where they will be safe and out of the way.
- Before the driver leaves your home, do one last check for anything that might have been left behind. Be sure to check attics, storage sheds and basements.
- Right before you leave the house, turn off all lights, your furnace and your air conditioner. Lock your windows and doors, and leave behind your keys and garage door openers for the new occupants.