Our team is standing by to assist you with a free move quote, help you through the process, or answer questions that you may have.
Request A Quote »
Make your move into your new house an exciting experience. We have expert unpacking and moving in tips that will help you get settled quickly.
- Call your new utility companies to set up services the day before you expect to move in. Unloading and unpacking in your new home will be much more comfortable if you have electricity, water and heating or air conditioning.
- Draw a layout of your new home for your movers. This will help them figure out where to place each box and furniture.
- Do any cleaning or repairs in your new home before the movers arrive.
- Be prepared to pay your driver for the moving services upon their arrival. Accepted forms of payment include cash, traveler's check, money order, cashier's check or even pre-payment via credit card.
- If you can, have two people in the new home on move-in day. One person can make sure everything from your inventory list is unloaded and the other can tell the movers where you would like the items placed.
- Check items off the inventory list as they are unloaded from the truck. If you discover that anything is missing, contact your moving coordinator right away.
- Consider hiring a babysitter if you have small children and put pets somewhere where they will be safe and out of the way.