Our team is standing by to assist you with a free move quote, help you through the process, or answer questions that you may have.
Request A Quote »
Businesses often underestimate the complexity of inter-office or internal office moves. While you may think moving an office to another floor in the same building or a different area on your corporate campus will be much less hectic than relocating across town, any office move requires proper planning to avoid unnecessary business disruptions and prevent lost revenue and costly disasters.
Consider the following six tips when planning your internal office move:
- Begin planning your move as soon as possible. Planning tops any moving checklist, as it is the most important part of a move. Whether you are moving hundreds of workstations to a different building on campus or moving equipment and cubicles to re-carpet your office, planning and scheduling each step in advance makes your move more efficient and helps eliminate the headaches office moves can bring. Get tips for planning an office move here.
- Select a project manager who has the time to handle overseeing all of the details of your move. Office managers generally have a full schedule, so consider another employee with excellent organizational skills or hire an outside move management specialist.
- Hire professional movers. Although a moving van may not be required, experienced office movers have the training and resources needed to ensure your internal office move is a safe one without damage or injury. From correctly disassembling and reassembling workstations to moving heavy furniture and storage cabinets, office movers know how to do the job right and eliminate the dangers and chaos an office move can bring. Some professional office movers can also provide move management and take care of all of the moving details for you.
- If possible, schedule the move outside of office hours. Moving after hours or on weekends minimizes disruption to your business operations.
- Notify your building manager about the move in advance. If you are not moving during business hours, the building manager may need to make arrangements for someone to allow your movers access to the building. If moving during normal business hours, you may need to reserve elevators. Some buildings require advance notice and specific precautionary measures such as placing Masonite on the floor when moving heavy objects.
- Take advantage of the move. This is a great opportunity for you to redesign your office and maximize the efficiency of space. With the right planning, redesigning your office space can improve staff productivity and create a more pleasant work environment.
How Chipman Relocation & Logistics Can Help
Whether you're looking to move from city to city or state to state, Chipman offers a unique and personalized moving service. Our expert staff of relocators, movers, and drivers will handle all your packing, moving, deconstruction, and reconstruction from start to finish. To find out more about what all we can do to help for your next move, explore our services below.